Not long ago, planning a Dripping Springs wedding was a monumental task for most couples. This is due to the enormity of the works involved in organizing it. These days, weddings are relatively easier for couples thanks to the emergence of wedding coordinators. The planner takes responsibility for most of the activities leading to the wedding day. Couples only need to fund the events and present themselves for the ceremony. Every engaged couple needs some kind of wedding event organizer for two reasons. The first and most beneficial reason is that they could get a discount from certain wedding vendors and secondly, they could free themselves from some of the stress and hassle involved in marriage planning. They would also have enough time and ease of mind to engage in wedding activities allowing the wedding coordinator to run the wedding and events for them. As an expert, a wedding coordinator collaborates with the couples to work out both the groom and bride’s checklist and ensure they are all provided before the wedding day.
Duties of Wedding Coordinator
The coordinator develops the budget and a required timeline for planning wedding activities. She/he takes responsibility for putting the vendors on timely schedules and oversees every frustrating negotiation. Here is a rundown of some of the duties the wedding organizer could perform for the wedding couples.
- Develops a wedding schedule and determines when each program should run
- Works out a budget for the event and offers useful advice on best areas to spend heavily and where not to spend
- Obtain the cheapest prices from vendors
- Determines when each item would be paid for and actually carry out the payment for the bride
- Helps in determining the wedding theme and works out other necessary menus and logistics for the reception after the wedding
- Selects other items for the wedding such as decoration, cake, table linen, flowers, favors, and other things required for the event
- Knows where each item would be taken to and ensure that they are all ready at the most appropriate time
- Almost everything about a wedding is left to the supervision of the coordinator
How to Choose a Wedding Coordinator
Because of the usefulness of wedding planners, every couple must get an experienced coordinator for a better chance at having a successful wedding. This means they have to search for the most suitable professional. Here are a few useful tips that would help them get the best.
- First, organize an interview with such a person. It is necessary to find out the experiences such a person had over the years about wedding planning, find out what she would do for you.
- Do not rely solely on the first impression you got from the interview, you still need to search for references. Always follow up the references for more information about her reputation. You can also check the Better Business Bureau for her records.
- It is necessary to visit some of her events, as that would afford you the opportunity to evaluate her performance and expertise.
- Negotiate the fees and find out the best way she would be paid for her services. Some organizers are paid certain percentages of the wedding cost. Some may also demand a flat fee for their services. It is necessary that you work this out.
With these wedding tips, you would not find it difficult to get a perfect wedding. It is advisable to collaborate with the planner to ensure that everything goes on successfully.