So, you just got engaged and you have no idea what to do next. Don’t worry, this happens to many couples. Thankfully, it is easy to get started. Read on for a comprehensive Dripping Springs wedding guide to help you get ready for your big day.
1-2 Years away
- Decide your budget and your wedding theme. Do you want something traditional or would something more relaxed to fit your personality better? Will it be a civil or church service? Do you want a big, fabulous reception or a small, intimate gathering of family and friends? These are questions you will need to answer before moving forward.
- Recommendation: Take out insurance to cover your wedding. Dripping Springs weddings are a huge expense and it is wise to cover any potential losses.
- Choose the location of your ceremony and reception and book them as soon as possible.
- Choose your photographer, videographer, cars, Toastmaster, caterers, and musicians; book them ASAP so you are able to pick exactly who you want.
- Create a scrapbook so that you can look back at your memories when things are all said and done.
- Create your wedding gift registry.
- Sort out details for the honeymoon and book the accommodations.
6 Months to One Year away
- Choose your gown and other accessories.
- Choose the attendants and select their outfits.
- Select men’s formal wear.
- Order the wedding cake.
- Choose the rings.
- Select the florists and order flowers.
- Choose invitations and stationery. Send invitations out.
2 Months to 6 Months Away
- Choose gifts for the attendants.
- Consult with your hairstylist, makeup artist, etc.
- Order the bridal favors.
- Decide whether or not you would like the gowns, cake, and flowers preserved. If so, contact a heirlooming company.
1 Month Away
- Do final fittings for all gowns.
- Have a trial run with your beautician and book your appointments for the day.
- Go to your stag/hen party and have fun!
2 Weeks Away
- Gifts should be arriving by now so check and record them as received. Also, be sure to write and send thank you notes to your generous family and friends.
- Double check the outfits for the wedding party and confirm rehearsal information.
- Prepare place cards and check reception seating plans.
- Finish shopping for the honeymoon.
- Do name and address changes for your driver’s license, credit cards, bank accounts, etc.
1 Week Away
- Check with all the suppliers and have a final consultation with the photographer. In addition, be sure to give the final guest count to the caterers.
- Be sure to relax and get plenty of rest. Your big day is coming.
Do you want a wedding in Dripping Springs? Dripping Springs lies in picturesque Texas Hill Country, which is 25 miles from Austin, Texas. This beautiful town offers abundant wildlife, majestic views, rock bottom creeks, and rolling hills; it is the perfect backdrop for your special day. Check out Dripping Springs and get the Hill Country wedding that you have always wanted.